Nice Mutual Water Company-Official Website
As of 12/12/2022, the Haloacetic Acid levels are now below the MCL standard.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DRINKING WATER
Este aviso contiene información muy importante sobre su agua potable, por favor lea el aviso en español si va aquí incluido. Si el aviso en español no va incluido aquí, contacte al sistema de agua para pedir una copia.
This notice is for all Nice Mutual Water Company customers. Nice Mutual Water Company has levels of Haloacetic Acids Above Drinking Water Standards. Our water system recently failed a drinking water standard. Although this is an emergency, as our customers, you have a right to know what you should do, what happened, and what we are doing to correct this situation.
We routinely monitor for the presence of drinking water contaminants. Testing results we received on June 10, 2022 show that our system exceeds the standard, or maximum level (MCL), for Haloacetic Acids. The MCL standards for Haloacetic Acids are 60 ug/L. The average level of Haloacetic Acids over the last year was 62.46 ug/L.
What should I do?
● You do not need to use an alternative (e.g., bottled) water supply.
● This is not an immediate risk. If it had been, you would have been notified immediately. However, some people who drink water containing Haloacetic Acids in excess of the MCL over many years may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
● If you have other health issues concerning the consumption of this water, you may wish to consult your doctor.
What was done?
The Nice Mutual Water Company is taking corrective measures.
We anticipate resolving the problem within 30 days.
For more information, please contact; Nice Mutual Water Company at, (707)274-1149 or at the following mailing address: P.O. Box 578, Nice, CA 95464
Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
Secondary Notification Requirements
Upon receipt of notification from a person operating a public water system, the following notification must be given within 10 days [per Health and Safety Code Section 116450(g)]:
● SCHOOLS: Must notify school employees, students, and parents (if the students are minors).
● RESIDENTIAL RENTAL PROPERTY OWNERS OR MANAGERS (including nursing homes and care facilities): Must notify tenants.
● BUSINESS PROPERTY OWNERS, MANAGERS, OR OPERATORS: Must notify employees of businesses located on the property.
This notice is being sent to you by the Nice Mutual Water Company water system.
State Water System ID number: CA-1710008
Date distributed: 11/8/2022